Tuesday, November 4, 2008

iVoted! didYou?


For the first (and, apparently, last) time, they were handing out the stickers at my polling place, and I got my damn sticker. I've been coveting one for years; you'd better believe I'm wearing it.

I also took a picture of my hand inking the circle on my ballot for my presidential choice, and I got a little emotional about it. And then the picture somehow didn't get saved (damn digitals!), and I got a little emotional about that. No permanent record of my tiny fist making its mark in this historic election, but there will be a new president-elect twelve hours from now -- god willing, the right one.

Happy Election Day, America!

3 comments:

Raej said...

Alas, no stickers at the Sunset Hill Community Center. Lots of voters, though. Happy Election Day to you!

Christopher said...

And yes, we've FINALLY got the President WE deserve!

Today feels like it's going to be a really, really GOOD day!

Christopher said...

Nice work last night, BTW. I don't think I actually got around to saying that.

I think the script, in its current incarnation, still needs work though. Some of the passages in the middle portion - the flower lady & prince and princess in particular - are pretty static, and need some trimming (I think it was much more interesting outdoors, where there was more visual effect to draw you in when things got slow), and personally, I'm not a big fan of the songs, but the performances were good, and the piece is a lot of fun when it's active and moving the story forward, rather than standing still.