Wednesday, December 31, 2008

should auld acquaintance be forgot

Pals, I've only cut my hair twice this year. It's crazy-long. Why? Well, I'm lazy as hell, and also I think... I dunno, I think on some level I was growing hair for Brynn. I'm pretty ambivalent about my stupid thick hair and would have shaved it off in a heartbeat if it meant she could keep hers. But I couldn't. And she couldn't. So that was nice but dumb.


So now I have an appointment to lop it off on Friday. (just like RaeJ!) (thanks, Sibyl!)

Old year, old hair. A lot of stuff happened while I had this hair. I'm so so so ready to let it go, but I also feel a little sad for the work and grief and loss and joy that it got mixed up in. (And sad for the hair. Like it should have a last walk or a last meal or one final up-do.) (Uh, yeah, I tend to anthropomorphize. A bit.)

So, anyway. Out with the old, and in with a bright shiny new year of new hair and new art and new life and good health and hair of Brynn's very own.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Christopher said...

You might check with your stylist to see if it's long enough to donate to someplace like this:

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

Ian Johnston said...

Sibyl did good work, I love the new haircut.